New York John F Kennedy Arrivals
JFK arrivals and departures are handled by the airports’ terminals that house airlines and specific types of planes according to each terminal’s capacity. In 2006, JFK International Airport was second (next to McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas) in overall rank in terms of traveller satisfaction for large United States airports. This was according to a survey by Aviation Week and J.D. Power and Associates.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey operates the New York John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport situated in Queens, 15 miles away from midtown Manhattan. Servicing thousands of passengers in and out of the country for more than 70 airlines, it is considered to be the 6th busiest airport in the United States. In 2003, the airport recorded 32,000,000 passengers going through JFK. It operates with 8 fully-functional terminals plus 125 gates to serve its airlines. John F. Kennedy International Airport’s Terminal 4 also has its only Customs and Border Protection that operates 24 by 7, to serve international passengers transacting through the said terminal.
- Terminal 1–along with Terminal 4, this terminal is capable of handling the world’s largest passenger airliner, the Airbus A380. Airlines who have these superjumbo aircrafts are Air France, Lufthansa, and Korean Air.
- Terminal 2–houses gates 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28 and 29 and areall Jetway-equipped gates. It also has 17 stands for carriers from Delta Connection.
- Terminal 3–has gates 1–10, 12, and 14–18 as Jetway-equipped, together with hardstand gates plus a helipad.
- Terminal 4 –the international terminal and handles Airbus A380’s.
- Terminal 5 - is a good place to stick around for a while as it hasa number of restaurants and gift shops. The terminal is also home to JetBlue Airways.
- Terminal 7–the only airport terminal in the world owned and operated on US soil by a foreign carrier.
- Terminal 8 – also has a number of retail and food outlets. This terminal’s annual capacity comes to at least 12.8M passengers.
Not all airports are perfect though and just like any other flights in international and domestic airports, expect some New York John F. Kennedy International Airport arrivals to be delayed. But this certainly is not the trend. Below are some of the possible reasons why there would be delays in arrivals.
- Weather probably is one of the most common reasons why New York John F. Kennedy arrivals maybe delayed. Weather may affect flight schedules from the place where the aircraft was from, in-flight, and at the place of destination. If the problem arises at the point of origin or at JFK airport, such as de-icing the aircraft, a passing thunderstorm, a snow squall, or letting the weather pass, a backlog will surely occur in terms of flight schedules since the later flights will have to wait due to the fact that take-off spacing are already fixed.
- Mechanical Problems are too big of a threat not to give such attention as it puts a lot of lives on the line. On-ground mechanical problems are better than having in-flight ones. On-ground mechanical problems can be addressed easily and travellers are informed by the airlines and the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) on when an aircraft is to depart or land at the JFK airport. For in-flight problems, an aircraft is advised to take a re-route to the nearest airport. Status updates are given real-time to assure the safety of the passengers.
- Re-routes are for in-flight mechanical problems, while a go-around is usually the term for aircrafts that need to take another turn before landing if the pilot sees that it is unable to safely land the aircraft. This affects flight schedules too as go-arounds may take at least 30 minutes before it can land safely to the ground.
- Air traffic can also be caused by the weather. One is that aircrafts may be unable to safely land due to high wind pressures or visibility problems and departing aircrafts may also get stuck due to abnormal traffic patterns causing landing aircrafts to do a go-around before they get a landing clearance.
- On really rare cases, flight arrival data from the FAA may differ from the airline arrival times. Airports get their arrival and departure data from the FAA who does all the monitoring for all US flights while gates are specific to the airlines so FAA data doesn’t reach them and are communicated by the operations center of the airlines. So in cases a mechanical delay occurs, flight schedules may show differently in airport monitors versus those at the gates.
New York airport arrivals are also privileged to experience the AirTrain station, an internal station that gives easier access to the city’s best tourist destinations and business districts through the Long Island Rail Road, as well as the subway city’s subway. This is free for travels in the terminal and to hotels plus the Federal Circle car rental shuttles. A MetroCard is used to take the AirTrain outside of the said destination points. MetroCards are available for a calendar month, and another type which is valid only for thirty days, both upon first use.
If it’s your first time being part of the busiest New York John F. Kennedy International Airport arrivals, the city has tons of great things to offer to you whether you came to New York for business or for pleasure. Being a city with the most population in the United States, it is only fitting to put up businesses that will cater to New Yorker’s fast-paced way of living. Financial and cultural sectors diverge in this city rich in history itself.
The New York John F. Kennedy arrivals area is definitely worth remembering. Some activities you can do – eat your heart out at one or more of the 17,000 plus restaurants, check out the music scene, take a walk at Central Park, or go on a shopping-spree at the famous Fifth Avenue. If you prefer to stay in your hotel after a busy day, turn on the TV and take a pick on who your favourite sports team would be among the nine major ones the city has.
|Departures Airport||Airliner||Flight No||Arrival||Status|
|No flight arrivals were found at New York John F Kennedy Airport|